Jim Hemerling from the Boston Consulting Group shares his thoughts on leading in an era of constant change. One of his points is to not impose change on your people
Some of his key findings about the leaders includes the following;
- Too slow to act – leading to a constant crisis mode
- Short term approach – not securing a future for the company and its people
- Taking a 1 off approach to the issue and not establishing a long term strategy to deal with the issue.
Jim shares in his Ted Talk that leaders need to put people first and has 5 points of importance;
- Inspire your people through having a purpose
- Go all in
- Enable your people with capabilities to do their role
- Instil a culture of continuous learning
- Be an inclusive leader
To watch Jim’s Ted Talk, please click the link below.